What is STKlos?
STklos is a free Scheme system supporting most of the languages features defined in R5RS. The aim of this implementation is to be fast as well as light. The implementation is based on an ad-hoc Virtual Machine. STklos can also be compiled as a library and embedded in an application.
Salient points of STklos are:
- An efficient and powerful object system based on CLOS providing:
- A simple to use module system.
- Implements the full tower of numbers defined in R5RS.
- Easy connection to the GTK+ toolkit.
- Perl compatible regular expressions thanks to the PCRE package.
- Implementation of properly tail recursive calls.